What It's Like At My House

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

Friday, December 21, 2007

Week 10 #23 The very, very, very end. Amen!



Using my beginning picture as a metaphor for the whole thing -- A Universe to Explore and this is only a tiny piece of it. But it's very pretty.

What were my favorites? I adore Library Thing, and will probably upgrade to get the max from my addiction. You Tube was a guilty pleasure, since once you start it's like eating popcorn, and you go from one to another until, oops, it's time for bed and you didn't get anything done! I can see Bloglines being useful, if I can find a way to integrate it into my opening up the computer each day, especially now that I configured it to only show the headlines, and I can check those that interest me quickly and then mark the rest as read - and feel all good about my informedness.

To really take advantage of the downloadable media, I might have to break down and get an Ipod or another mp3 player. Music hasn't lured me to the darkside, but storytelling podcasts might.

How my long term learning goals were affected? Well, it made me do some stuff that is only the things to do before I die list in a much more timely manner. I'm now in a position to kinda know what the customer is talking about when they call to complain they can't download something from Overdrive, and I'm better prepared to take work home by loading it into ZOHO Writer, since my flash drive is always at the bottom of my purse.

Unexpected outcomes? It was fun to be participating on the same level, or lower, than my co-workers - it was something new to talk about, and reading the blogs made me realize that there is much more to some of the people on staff than I knew. I especially loved the lyrical titles of some of their blogs!

I have no ideas for how to use these technologies, except in that moment of recognition with a customer that lets me tell them that, hey - they can do Zoho, or get that tech book from Safari Tech, or solve some other access problem that blocks their use of information. The whole collaborative thing - well, I've never felt comfortable doing that, even when I had to. I guess I'm too lone wolf to want to move in step with others. I do think that a library wiki for our customers would be cool, but I don't want to maintain it!

I don't know at the moment what I want to learn about - my mind is stuffed and I need to let what I've learned assimilate. Given time to feel comfortable using some of what I've tried, I'll be more ready to move on. But maybe in smaller chunks ... like one app at a time. I do know that it was way more than ten hours!

No comments: