What It's Like At My House

Meez 3D avatar avatars games

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

#29 Rolling the Stone up the Sisyphean Email Hill


Okay, so I've stuffed stuff into folders the way you clean up the living room by stuffing things in closets before your mother arrives. I'm deathly afraid if I open a folder everything will cascade out all over me. Deletion of old email is something I actually do on a regular basis, since I love the the sensation I get when hitting delete for all the stuff in trash. I'd moved most personal emails to a private email address a while back when the whole county email flap was ongoing, even though I am not having an affair with anyone at the moment. The rest are being trashed whenever I find them lurking in my closets, ah "folders."

Actually, the most insidious email is work-related email lists, which I always mean to read but usually are at the end of my to-do priority list with all that professional enhancement stuff. I guess I need to either read it or just get off any list I don't feel compelled to keep up on, but I'm still vacillating over that. Maybe I'll just delete the previous month of posts at the beginning of each month so it never gets to the totally daunting level. I always want to keep up professionally, but it always takes a back seat to what's pressing today. But that's another topic.

No comments: